St. Paul Lutheran Church fulfills its mission through the integrated efforts of staff, Congregation Council, officers, appointed positions, committees, task forces and the time and talent contributions of individual members. We are guided by the Holy Spirit in all that we do.
To facilitate this process we operate under the governance documents of: A Constitution that provides fundamental guidance, Bylaws that provide basic operating committee structure and Continuing Resolutions that provide policies and operating duties and processes.
Church Council - 9 members elected by the congregation, including an Immediate Past President, President, Vice-President, Secretary, Director of Finance and 4 Members-at-Large.
Committees - Here is a brief overview of the core committees serving St. Paul.
1. Christian Education Committee – Provides leadership, supervision and development of programs for the growth and understanding of the Christian faith for all members of the Congregation and guests.
2. Church Life Committee – Encourages and plans activities which generate a spirit of community within the Congregation encompassing all age groups.
3. Evangelism Committee – Promotes communication and commitment to the Gospel by word and action in the Congregation and community. Its focus is to make St. Paul known to potential members, making their first visit as friendly and meaningful as possible and making the process of joining an easy and pleasant experience.
4. Property Committee – Provides St. Paul members and visitors with a beautiful and safe house of worship adequate for faith formation and fellowship. The committee exercises overall supervision and upkeep of the property and facilities of the church and assures assets are properly protected with insurance.
5. Social Concerns Committee – Serves as the umbrella committee for the numerous outreach ministries of St. Paul Lutheran Church. These ministries are where our hands do God’s work in Aiken, our state, our country and the world.
6. Stewardship Committee – Promotes a deep commitment to Christ and His Church and an understanding and acceptance of one’s responsibilities to be faithful stewards of God’s gifts.
7. Youth Committee – Stimulates the Christian growth of children and youth through church and community directed service, education and social activities. Ministry in this area includes prayers for and outreach to our college students.
8. Worship and Music Committee – Provides a proper climate of worship and sacraments for the spiritual growth of the St. Paul Congregation and guests. The committee works with the staff to assure appropriate planning and coordination of our worship services.